Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Charles M. Johnstone, II (“Sonny”) is the managing member of the firm. He has been practicing law in the states of West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky since graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 1988. Sonny has helped thousands of individuals and businesses with their legal needs. His personal injury practice has covered a wide range of case types including, but not limited to, automobile accidents, trucking accidents, logging accidents, mining accidents, medical malpractice, industrial accidents and slip and fall accidents. He has successfully tried and settled cases valued at over fifty million dollars.
Sonny is also an experienced and well-respected construction and business attorney. He has successfully handled small and large business and construction transactions and litigation for many satisfied clients.
Sonny is a member of a prestigious group of attorneys who have tried and settled multiple million dollar cases. He is very active in groups that promote the rights of injured individuals.
Sonny is married to Ellen Johnstone and they have three wonderful children, Cameron, Charlie, and Jack. Sonny and his family reside in Charleston but enjoy traveling the entire State of West Virginia. Sonny spends his non-working hours with his family and also enjoys all types of sports and physical fitness.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Mining Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- West Virginia, 1988
- Kentucky, 1997
- Ohio, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District West Virginia, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District West Virginia, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District Ohio, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeal 6th Circuit, 2007
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, KY
- J.D. – 1985
- University of Kentucky College of Business and Economics, Lexington, KY
- B.A./B.E. – 1985
Honors and Awards
- Million Dollars Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollard Advocates Forum
- Lead Counsel Rated
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The West Virginia State Bar Association
- Kentucky State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Contractors Association of West Virginia
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- West Virginia Utility Contractors Association
- Contractors’ Labor Council, Inc.
- Ohio Valley Construction Employers Council, Inc.
- Asphalt Pavement Council of West Virginia